Both OPP films and BOPP films can be used as protective films, but do you know how to distinguish them? Let’s follow in my footsteps and take a look.
1. OPP English full name Oriented Polypropylene, one-way stretch polypropylene, meaning in the horizontal convection out of the polypropylene film stretch, can be printed and composite. According to coating online understanding, the general material structure has two main types: transparent and non-transparent, transparent is OPP/CPP-based, non-transparent is OPP/VMCPP, because OPP heat sealing is not good, most of the use of ultrasonic sealing.
2. BOPP English full name Biaxial Oriented Polypropylene, biaxially oriented polypropylene, meaning stretching of the cast polypropylene film in the transverse and longitudinal directions. It has good heat shrinkage performance, heat sealing property, and high edge sealing strength. It is generally not used for bag making. Commonly used BOPP films include: ordinary biaxially oriented polypropylene film, heat-sealed biaxially oriented polypropylene film, cigarette packaging film, biaxially oriented polypropylene pearl film, biaxially oriented polypropylene metallized film, matte film, complex Book film, laser molded film, anti-counterfeit film and paper ball film.
3. The BOPP film is produced by the polypropylene particles that are co-squeezed into sheets and then stretched in two directions. Because of the tensile orientation, so the physical stability of this film, mechanical strength, air tightness is better, transparency and gloss is higher, tough wear, is currently the most widely used printing film, according to coating online understanding, the general use of thickness of 20 to 40 m, the most widely used for 20 m. BOPP is generally used as a composite film outer film, such as with polyethylene film composite moisture resistance, transparency, strength, stiffness and printing are more ideal, suitable for the contentof dry food. Because the surface of BOPP is non-polar, high crystallization, surface free energy is low, therefore, its printing performance is poor, the adhesion of ink and adhesive, before printing and composite needs to surface treatment.
4. BOPP film is suitable for a variety of packaging, printing, composite, aluminum plating, such as cigarette packaging film. Widely used in food, medicine, daily light industry, clothing, cigarettes and other packaging materials, and a large number of substrates used as composite film, not only in many occasions is replacing the traditional paper packaging, but also in many packaging fields have replaced PE, PP, PVC and other ordinary packaging film.
5. OPP film is mainly used in packaging bags and with other materials to form composite materials, single-film OPP is mostly used to package disposable paper cups and other lightweight products.
Bopp Film Features
*High transparency and glossy
- Excellent flatness
*Excellent ink and coating adhesion
*Excellent mechanical property
*Excellent oxygen and oil barrier performance
- Low electrostatic performance
15,18,20,23,25,27,30,35,40,50mic,Special specification can be customized according to customer requirements.
Used for lamination and bag-making after printing not suitable for shallow screen printing.