Pre-coating refers to the process of pre-gluing and rewinding the plastic film, and then compounding it with the paper printed product. It is firstly applied by the pre-coating film processing plant to the film according to the specifications and size of use, after which the glue is applied to the film and then re-rolled for the user to choose, and then combined with the printed matter.
Laminating, that is, lamination, is the processing technology of coating plastic film with adhesive and bonding it with paper printed matter after heating and pressing to form a paper-plastic composite product.
The coated printed matter has an extra layer of thin and transparent plastic film on the surface, which makes the surface smoother and brighter, thereby improving the gloss and fastness of the printed matter. The graphics and text are more vivid in color, rich in three-dimensional effect, and waterproof, Antifouling, wear resistance, folding resistance, chemical corrosion resistance, etc.
Today we will explain the difference between BOPP pre-coated film and PET pre-coated film!
Pre-coated film refers to the process of pre-gluing and rewinding the plastic film, and then compounding it with the paper printed product. It is firstly applied by the pre-coating film processing plant to the film according to the specifications and size of use, after which the glue is applied to the film and then re-rolled for the user to choose, and then combined with the printed matter.
Laminating, that is, lamination, is the processing technology of coating plastic film with adhesive and bonding it with paper printed matter after heating and pressing to form a paper-plastic composite product. BOPP pre-coated film is a composite film made of polypropylene film and EVA hot melt adhesive to form a laminate structure. It has unique properties, which can improve the shortcomings of ordinary polypropylene film and give play to the superior performance of polypropylene film.
1. Polypropylene is made by polymerizing the waste gas after high temperature cracking of petroleum under the action of a catalyst.
2. Properties of polypropylene film:
1) Lightweight, with a density of 0.91g/cm2, it is one of the lightest plastic films and can float on water.
2) Good heat resistance, which is an excellent performance that thermoplastics do not have.
3) Good chemical stability, acid resistance, alkali resistance, oil resistance, and moisture-proof and waterproof barrier properties.
4) It is non-toxic, odorless, and tasteless. Like polyethylene, it is recognized as the best material for food packaging in the world.
5) High transparency, good gloss, especially suitable for internal printing, good printing adaptability
1) The oxygen barrier is poor, and it is easy to age when exposed to sunlight.
2) The low temperature resistance is poor, and the texture becomes brittle at low temperature.
3) When used for printing, it must be corona treated on the surface (surface tension greater than or equal to 38mN/m) to get better results.
4) The static electricity is high. If there is no antistatic device, an antistatic agent must be added during production.
The PET pre-coated film is a composite film formed by a laminated structure of polyester film and EVA hot melt adhesive. It has superior composite properties and can be laminated without affecting the superior performance of the PET pre-coated film.
The original name of polyester: polyethylene terephthalate, with the following properties:
1) The mechanical strength is high, and its tensile strength is about 5-10 times that of polyethylene. Therefore, the 12mic PET film has been widely used, and the 9mic ultra-thin PET film has also begun to be used. In addition, the polyester film has high stiffness. And strong impact resistance.
2) Good heat resistance, with a melting point of 260°C and a softening point of 230~240°C. Even if the biaxial stretching process is adopted, its thermal shrinkage rate is still very small at high temperatures, and it has extremely good dimensional stability. Time heating still does not affect its performance.
3) Good oil resistance, chemical resistance, not easy to dissolve, good acid corrosion resistance, resistance to organic solvents and oils, but it is easy to deteriorate when exposed to strong alkalis.
4) It has excellent gas barrier properties and good odor barrier properties.
5) The barrier performance to water vapor is not as good as polyethylene and polypropylene.
6) The transparency is high, the light transmittance is above 90%, the gloss is good, and the printing performance is good.
7) Prevents poor UV penetration.